Doing it Bloggy Style

"One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like a infantile retard." - Mike Tyson

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I don't care what experts say



Me and my roommate have had an ongoing disagreement on this one particular subject, and of course I know I am right. The whole debate started after watching the movie "The Edge" where Alec Baldwin and Anthony Hopkins are caught in the mountains and are chased by a bloodthirsty bear, as well as the documentary "Grizzly Man", which may be the most unintentionally hysterical movie of all time; however I digress. The long standing disagreement is about whether I can outrun a bear. Experts say that bears have no problem running down their prey at speeds of up to 35 mph, according to the google machine. What my argument is, is that a bear has never had to chase down someone like me before. I spent a significant amount of nights in my adolescence in a dead sprint trying to get away from many members of the various western suburban police departments (at a 100% success rate might I add). I can only assume that the people who have been caught running from a bear were wearing clunky hiking boots, some silly ass hemp pants and a flannel shirt made from some gay organic material. I on the other hand never would be caught dead in less than ideal attire; I wear nikes (because I'm sweet), and just like in High School, I wouldn't be out unless I was wearing something I felt comfortable running away from the authorities in, and thus the same would apply on any trip into the wilderness. In addition to being incredibly fast, naturally elusive, and in the proper attire, there is another factor on my side to help support my bear outrunning abilities. The people who get eaten by bears are almost 100% hippies and ergo, total pussies. I am neither hippie nor pussy, and people like me don't get caught by bears. If i was faced with imminent death at the hands of a fucking grizzly I would bob and weave through the whole forest, mountain range, riverbed or what have you. I would be like the white Devin Hester getting away from this big clumsy mother fucker; juking, running sideways, doing spin moves and pulling out every other trick in the book. Essentially what this all boils down to, and what gives me the strongest amount of confidence in the situation, is that if I had to do either had to run as faster than no man has ever ran before, or get eaten by a big fucking bear, I would chose the former. I imagine it would be something similar to retard strength, but appropriately titled "Don't get eaten by that bear speed". After all this, I don't see how anyone in their right mind wouldn't be able to have the utmost confidence in me vs. swift footed yogi bear. Boom roasted.

This picture shows just how I imagine the situation NOT going. I'm also not asian

4 comments:

  1. I hope you are talking about the rookie Devin Hester from the 2006 season with 100 speed on madden and not the current wide reciever Devin Hester who is brutally average.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm talking University of Miami Hester, so no worries

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait wait wait...WHO IS DUNNY? and why are you stealing my nickname dunny?

    -love,
    dunny #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen this Devin Hester-esque speed before first hand and simply put... it is impressive! Ive seen it with shoes and wihtout (the great firecracker rundown of 2004).

    Im going to go ahead and agree with you on this one.
    I liken it to Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez and VS that huge fuckin dog. "Heroes get remembered, but legend never die."

    ReplyDelete